With this problem in different periods of life face many men. Fortunately, it is quite easy to handle.
So what is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is when a man loses control over ejaculation. It can occur 30-60 seconds after the beginning of the act, and perhaps before penetration.
Although usually this refers to ejaculation during sex, in General, the problem can occur during any sexual practice, including Masturbation.
Also standards about the duration of "normal" sexual intercourse forced on porn, forget. For medical data, the average time to ejaculation during sexual intercourse, about 4-5 minutes.
How widespread is this problem?
Very. With this problem facing one of three men at any age. Most often it occurs in men 18-40 years.
But not every case of premature ejaculation is considered a diagnosis. If that doesn't bother you and often, then that's fine.
According to clinical findings, the diagnosis can be made if:
- You always or almost always finish the act within one minute after penetration.
- You are not able to delay ejaculation during intercourse always or almost always.
- Once you are feeling down and upset and avoid sexual intimacy.
Premature ejaculation can be classified as
- Lifelong (primary). Occurs almost always starting with your first sexual encounters.
- Acquired (secondary). Develops after sexual intercourse and sexual practices that went without any problems with ejaculation.
Many men tend to believe that they have premature ejaculation, but their symptoms do not meet the medical criteria for its diagnosis.
Instead, they can be a natural periodic premature ejaculation, which includes periods of rapid ejaculation and is normal.
What causes premature ejaculation?
The exact cause is unclear. It was once thought that influenced not only by psychological factors. We now know that premature ejaculation can be linked to a complex interaction of psychological and biological reasons.
What are the psychological causes?
Harassment or abuse
Any violation of personal boundaries leaves an imprint on the character of a person. If you were faced with this, you can help a therapist to work through negative experience.
It is important to remember that you are not alone and on the right side of it is you, not the one who violated your boundaries.
Complexes about the body
Due to mass media about their appearance worried absolutely everyone on the planet. Look at the cool guys from BuzzFeed that talks about the pressure on men. And their photos processed to conform to "ideal standards" of beauty.
Both the state and medications may influence premature ejaculation. If you are on any medications and don't know what you're depressed, but for a long time are in a depressed state, you may want to go to a psychologist.
Worry about what you could have premature ejaculation
If this happened more than once, preoccupation with a possible bug of system can provoke premature ejaculation.
Erectile dysfunction refers to the psychological problem, because men who focus on obtaining or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse and unable to ejaculate prematurely.
Relationship issues with partner
If you was all right in sex with others, and premature ejaculation happened infrequently or not at all, perhaps the problem is in the relationship with the current partner.
As researchers found, the lack of dialogue about sex, hygiene and personal space in childhood directly affects problems in adult life. They lead not only to premature ejaculation but also erectile dysfunction.
If the family is not called genitals direct terms not to talk about personal space, Masturbation, sex, nocturnal emissions, the first manifestations of the work of sexual function the boy cause stress.
First wet dreams occur at the beginning of puberty. If a child is not ready or able to discuss them, you will develop a sense of shame for any sexuality. And this is not a mythical feeling that the "real" man in me will be able to put down.
Scientists agree that the sense of shame for the spontaneous erections, ejaculation and fear of getting caught during Masturbation will develop either in total inability to relax, either this reflex, which is to orgasm the man will require less than two minutes.
If a teenager used to the idea that you have to end as soon as possible, premature ejaculation will become the norm for the body. To rebuild without the help of experts, exercises, or medications will be very difficult.
Early sexual experience
This question is not accepted to discuss, boy nobody is saying that morally they may not be ready to have sex. Instead, there is an unspoken code that for a long time being a virgin is deadly for the reputation and what is not "really" a man to doubt, to think and to reflect.
This can be explained: as about sex is not to say, a teenager can learn about sex, only by doing them.
But medical workers and psychologists note that many young people minimize the importance of sex with another person, so often surprised by the intensity of emotional reaction, especially if the relationship does not continue.
They recommend to ask yourself a few questions before having sex:
- You understand the physical component of sex? You know how it is physically arranged, you and your partner?
- Are you ready to cope with all the consequences of sex (STDs, unwanted pregnancy)? You have access to good condoms?
- Since the probability of pregnancy and have protected sex, are you ready to ensure that your partner can become pregnant? Do you have a plan of action in this case?
- If you still get STDs, what will you do? You have the opportunity to receive treatment? Are you ready to tell someone who can help?
- You are comfortable talking about sex with your partner and to ask your doctor about safe sex practices?
If you answered "no" to even one of questions until you are ready to have sex. Psychologists also note that sometimes it is enough just ask yourself the question "am I Ready to have sex?" If you have doubts, then earlier.
Premature ejaculation during the first sexual intercourse often suggests that you were not ready for intimacy. To postpone sexual life for a while is better than to emotional breakdown or become infected.
And what are the biological causes?
Experts identify the following biological reasons:
- Abnormal hormone levels.
- Abnormal level of brain chemicals — neurotransmitters.
- Inflammation and infection prostate or urethra.
When should I contact the doctor?
If the ejaculation occurs earlier than wanted during a majority of sexual contacts, go to the doctor.
Doctors say that premature ejaculation is a normal and common phenomenon which is treatable.
They also add that for some men it is enough conversation with the urologist to get rid of the problem. Or it turns out that there is no problem, and the man simply doesn't know what random premature ejaculation is the norm, and the average time from beginning of intercourse to ejaculation is about five minutes.
What are the treatment options?
Usually treatment options for premature ejaculation include behavioral techniques, anesthetics, medicines and consultations. Keep in mind that it may take time to find the treatment or combination of treatments that will work for you.
Doctors often recommend counseling. This can be psychotherapy, as well as a conversation with your partner.
There are effective behavioral method. Better to start with Masturbation without a partner. "You get to such a degree that they are going to ejaculate and then stop and think about what you might be cool".
Other behavioral methods can help:
- Masturbation an hour or two before sexual intercourse.
- The failure of conventional sex for a while, replacing it with other practices to reduce the emotional pressure.
- Kegel exercises for the pelvic muscles. Stop urinating in the middle of the process, remember what muscle you did it. Annoying them 3 times a day for 10 repetitions for 3 seconds. Don't hold your breath, don't tense the muscles of the abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
- The technique of "pause-squeeze". How to correctly perform, you will tell the doctor.
- Condoms made of thick latex, which reduce the sensitivity.
Medicines must recommend and select a doctor. They may consist of gels or anesthetics that reduce the sensitivity of the penis. But incorrectly selected drug can lead to serious loss of sensitivity.
How to talk to a doctor?
To speed up the diagnosis and selection of proper treatment requires a sound dialogue with the doctor.
You can ask him all your questions, even if they seem unimportant or embarrassing you. You don't know what will help the doctor better understand your problem, so speak about what you care about. These questions can serve as a template:
- What can cause premature ejaculation?
- What tests do you recommend to take?
- What treatment do you recommend?
- How soon after treatment can I expect improvement?
- If I can expect improvement?
- I have the risk again to face this problem?
- Is there any alternative medications that you have prescribed?
- There is some important information, brochure or website that I should read?
Be prepared for the fact that the doctor can ask very personal questions that may seem inappropriate to you. Here is a sample list:
- How often do you get premature ejaculation?
- If you have experienced premature ejaculation?
- It happens to you only with a specific partner or with all?
- This occurs when you masturbate?
- This happens every time you have sex?
- How often do you have sex?
- As far as you are concerned about premature ejaculation?
- How your partner disturbed by your premature ejaculation?
- How satisfied are you with your current relationship?
- Do you have problems getting or maintaining an erection?
- Are you taking prescription drugs? If so, which have recently started or stopped taking?
- Do you use drugs?
Although treatment will take time, it will significantly improve the quality of your life. You should not delay going to the doctor because of embarrassment. Remember that this is a common problem, are able to cause depression, destroy self esteem and make you avoid sex. And this despite the fact that to get rid of it is possible at any age.