Prostate adenoma is a disease, which implies a benign tumor. In this disease in the prostate area there are small growths – nodules. They eventually grow and compress the channel, which is responsible for urination, disturbing the process.
The main causes of the origin of this disease is the restructuring of the male body with age. The level of male hormones (testosterone) starts to decline, and female (estrogen) to grow.
Also, do not confuse this disease with the prostate. Don't forget that a benign tumor is the adenoma of the prostate gland, prostatitis is an inflammation. But both are nowadays treated well.
3 degrees of benign prostatic hyperplasia
There are three degrees of benign prostatic hyperplasia:
- The compensation stage. At this stage the urine may stand out too sluggish stream, you may upset the process of urination, while sleeping will be tempted to go to the toilet, the process will be a little broken. In General, this stage can last for about twelve years. But that's my personal indicator. Therefore, someone in this stage may be delayed for a longer period, and someone – less long.
- The stage subcompensation. In this case, the bladder will be interrupted, and it will appear residual urine. You will feel that your bladder is not completely empty. Will often be a delay of urine and sometimes the urine will be blood, the urine may become turbid. These symptoms can join the symptoms of kidney failure. Also a patient at this stage it is necessary to push during urination, and it can be rectal prolapse. When this becomes inflamed bladder. While some external factors may so affect the health of the patient that it is the complete lack of urine.
- Stage of decompensation. Renal function is completely impaired, and the urine is turbid and excreted along with the blood drops. Stagnant urine at this stage may amount to two litres. Because of this, patients are forced to use during a trip to the toilet a special apparatus for the reception of urine. In addition, over time, begin to lose appetite, appear constipation and a fever. Here the patient urgently needs medical help.
It is also worth noting that in order to avoid any consequences, it is necessary to consult a doctor urologist for the manifestation of the first signs of the disease. And to delay the visit to the doctor should not because the consequences of prostate adenoma can be very poor.
Common pathologies of the urogenital system in men of 40 years — inflammation of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Symptoms:
- delayed start of micturition with tension of the abdominal wall;
- weak, intermittent pressure urine;
- bed wetting, frequent urination during the day;
- false desires, including the defecation;
- feeling of incomplete emptying.
Signs of an enlarged prostate gland adenoma first, the disease may be absent. But over time, the increased tumor to reduce the function of the genitourinary system, so men from 40 years once a year should be examined by a urologist.
Impaired urinary outflow does not depend on the size of the tumor. Acute urinary retention can occur when prostate cancer when a small tumor hanging over the urethral canal. At the same time a large "node" depending on its location, may not produce the clinical picture of pathology.
Primary diagnosis of prostate adenoma is performed at the first medical appointment. Specialist explains the symptoms, clarifies the nature of urination, the presence of other chronic diseases and conduct a digital rectal examination of the prostate adenoma.
The procedure can be performed in the knee-elbow position the patient in standing position (supported by the table), lying on side, with bent legs. Using this procedure reveals the size and shape, elasticity and texture of the prostate, symmetry of the lobes, the presence of pain, detachable gland secretion. Rectal examination allows to differentiate BPH and prostatitis, and suspected malignant tumor. When prostate adenoma shares of symmetrically enlarged, often greatly.
After that are prescribed by instrumental examinations and laboratory tests.
Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia it is advisable to start with the first manifestation of warning signs. Efficiency of treatment directly depends on quality and timely diagnosis. There are two main methods of treatment of prostatic adenoma:
Medical way removal of prostate adenoma are used at an early stage in the progress of the disease, when symptoms are not acquired critical character. If the disease has time to acquire the acute form, may require surgery.
Quite frequently for effective treatment of prostatic adenoma, doctors recommend the hospital even in the early stages, because it allows a constant control over the development of the disease and provides for quality health care. Treatment of prostate adenoma in the home is permissible if there is a positive trend in the progression of the disease, and no significant complications.
Drug treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Modern treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia includes conservative therapy for earlier stages of the disease, if the symptoms are mild, and the process of destruction has not touched the upper urinary tract. In addition, surgical intervention may be contraindicated in patients for a number of reasons.
Modern drugs allow to speak about considerable positive effect of medical treatment of symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia is a significant minimize symptoms and their complete elimination, provided a comprehensive and properly sized treatment.
Medicinal therapy for this disease is designed to achieve the following:
- the slowdown in education;
- reducing its volume;
- minimizing negative manifestations when urinating.
The main goal of medical treatment is to stop the progressive development of the disease and to prevent the need for surgery. If this cannot be achieved, and the operation of the benign prostatic hyperplasia becomes imminent, from taking medication should not refuse.
When medical therapies doctors recommend means of prostatic adenoma following spectrum:
- hormonal drugs, under the action of which prostate is reduced;
- remedies for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, toning and regulating the activity of the urinary canal, which facilitate urination;
- drugs that have a vegetable origin, and aimed at the General strengthening of immunity and body resistance.
Have proven to be successful in the treatment of chronic prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia group alpha-blockers, regular application of which allows to achieve positive dynamics in the restoration of normal urination and relieve pain. The positive result of this scheme of treatment of prostate adenoma is stored for a long time.
Patients who have accompanying problems with the cardiovascular system, the use of this medicines is not recommended. If the patient responds to the drug is normal, the rate assigned alpha-blocker usually continue. Than to treat the prostate adenoma the doctor decides, given the interests and individual peculiarities of the patient.
The conservative treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia also used inhibitors 5-alpha reductase. Drugs in this group let by hormonal correction to reduce the simplicity and to suspend the progress of the disease. In some cases, to wait the effect of the application account for up to six months, and among the possible side effects noted reduced libido and erectile dysfunction.
The dosage and characteristics of the regime of medication prescribed by your doctor. A single standard of treatment of prostate adenoma does not exist, but it is important to remember that the key to the effectiveness of any remedial measures is a clear adherence to treatment.
What operations do you do for prostate cancer?
Modern medicine offers two main types of surgical treatment of prostate adenoma:
- transurethral resection;
- the prostatectomy.
Feature transurethral resection (TUR) of the prostate is a method of removing prostate tissue, which is used for a special instrument – resectoscope. Its input is through urinariorum way. After removal of the adenoma of the prostate data by the risk of complications is minimal, and the rehabilitation period is significantly reduced.
If prostatectomy prostate removed by open surgery. The operation of this type is deprecated. Rehabilitation after surgery of prostatic adenoma open type is a lengthy process, often associated with complications. Most professionals prefer the TOUR as more progressive technique that allows to minimize the negative effects of surgical intervention.
Among the new treatments of prostate adenoma should note the following progressive techniques.
- Thermal method – the adenoma is exposed to high temperature level. Heating of the tissues occurs under the influence of microwave or radiofrequency radiation, ultrasound. The most common is the use of transurethral microwave thermotherapy.
- Cryotherapy is the destruction of undesired tissues in prostate cancer and the treatment of BPH occur under the influence of the temperature low.
- Laser treatment, in which the tissues of the prostate parallel to the processes of evaporation of water liquid and coagulation, i.e., coagulation of tissues. Vaporization is often used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men in the early stages of the disease.
- Dilatation of the urethra, the lumen of the urethra extend, using a special catheter, the tip of which extends.
- The method of introduction of the stent, wherein the lumen of the urethra to expand, introducing a special stent. This medical device is made in cylindrical form on the basis of polymeric material. It can help you achieve the desired expansion of the urethra and interfere with its subsequent contraction.
Dilatation is most frequently used in parallel with stenting, as a complex system of treatment of prostatic adenoma without surgery.
The techniques – is something relatively new in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. They are quite safe for health and contribute to a more rapid rehabilitation of the patient. But indicators of their effectiveness to date are inferior to surgery, so the experts in practical application of minimally invasive therapy are rare. Moreover, these methods are quite expensive, compared to conventional surgery.
When the first symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia should consult a physician for advice and recommendations. A qualified doctor will give advice about use of folk remedies in the treatment of disease. If formed prostate adenoma, treatment of folk remedies can be one of the best methods. But the question arises: "How to treat BPH folk remedies, what are effective methods?"
Infusions with prostate adenoma
In the early stages of the disease, you can refer to alternative medicine, but only with the permission of the doctor. According to patients who have recovered, folk remedies for benign prostatic hyperplasia of great help in the early stages of disease development.
There are plenty of recipes that for many years to help patients cope with this problem. Such natural remedies are infusions of various herbs. Effective in the treatment of this disease are:
They are freely available in the pharmacy, they can be purchased without a prescription, that is, no need to spend time on their collection. Herbs for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia are often used in the early stages of disease development.
Any of these herbs should be finely chop and pour boiling water, drink the infusion can be after 12 hours. Those people who have helped this popular recipe is recommended to drink it for half an hour before meals for half a liter a day for three months. A herb for prostate cancer and help strengthen the immune system, reduce inflammatory effect.
The above treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia will help to cope with the disease. Effective treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia folk remedies can save a man from surgical interventions.