BPH, or benign prostate hyperplasia is a benign tumor which mostly affects men of over 40 years. Sounds ominous, but much scarier caused her complications, urolithiasis, renal failure, intoxication of the whole organism. If the time to diagnose the overgrowth of the prostate, surgical intervention can be avoided. How to treat BPH without surgery we will cover in this article.
The etiology of the disease
With age the production of testosterone decreases, while the level of female sex hormone (estrogen) increases sharply. Such adjustment of the organism directly affects the prostate gland: its tissue begin to grow, trying to cope with the increased hormonal load. Usually pathological process lasts several years, during which the person is not even aware of his illness. Symptoms develop gradually and depend on the stage of adenoma.
Symptoms of stage I
The duration of this phase varies widely — from one year to 12 years. An enlarged prostate compresses the urethra, causing the patient can see the next signs of the disease:
- small frequent urination (especially at night);
- the difficulty of allocation of urine, weak stream;
- uncontrolled urination in the toilet.
At this stage the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia without surgery shows almost 80% of cases.
The symptoms of stage II
The development of the disease leads to impaired functioning of the bladder. The external signs become more pronounced:
- the appearance of residual urine after emptying;
- constant desire to urinate;
- change the color and consistency of urine (dark, viscous, sometimes with blood);
- burning sensation, lower abdominal pain and lower back during urination;
- a progressive decrease in the pressure of the urine;
- reduction in the duration of intercourse, premature ejaculation, decrease or absence of libido;
- dry, bitter taste in the mouth, thirst (a symptom of renal dysfunction).
A frequent question patients with the second stage of the disease: how to treat BPH at this stage simply and quickly? A definite answer of specialists — no way! Therapy can take months in some cases the patient required hospitalization, and less surgery.
Symptoms stage III
The third stage of BPH is very dangerous, because it completely disrupted the urinary system. Launched the disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- the lack of urination;
- urine dribble out of her stagnation;
- acute incontinence;
- severe pain in the suprapubic region;
- uremic breath;
- weakness, fatigue, apathy;
- dry mucous membranes (evidence of dehydration).
The disease at this stage is treated only in a hospital. If the patient does not provide medical emergency, the risk of developing serious complications (including death).
Important! Timely diagnostics and treatment methods the first and partially the second stage of the disease reduce BPH without surgery. The decision on the application of certain therapeutic measures are taken by the doctor after the examination.
Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
The diagnosis of "benign tumor" a lot of men plunges into shock. Their imagination immediately paints a grim picture: operating table, a surgeon with a scalpel, and rivers of blood. In fact, at an early stage of the inflammatory process in need of drug and device therapy.
Its main purpose is to normalize urine flow and prevent overgrowth of the tissues of the prostate. To do this, use 2 main groups of medicines.
- Alpha 1-blockers. These drugs relax the muscles in the prostate and relieve pressure on the urethra, allowing urine to pass freely through them.
- Inhibitors (blockers) 5-AR enzyme, which promotes the growth of tumor cells. Medicines from this group are the only medications that reduce the size of the prostate and recover from BPH non-invasive way.
To eliminate other factors in the growth of benign tumors and as a preventive measure recommended medications based on plant extracts: the root of African plum (Pygeum africanum), creeping palm (Serenoa Repens), pumpkin seed (Cucurbitae semen), etc. If BPH is accompanied by infection, additionally prescribed a course of antibiotics.
Important! Any medicines can be taken only if they are prescribed by your doctor.
So how to get rid of the tumor with the help of some medicines is not always possible and also to speed up the healing process, the patient can offer physiotherapy treatment. Related activities are divided into two large groups.
The most common are laser and electromagnetic therapy, and the effect on the gland with the help of electric currents. These procedures contribute to:
- the increased permeability of drugs into prostate tissue;
- stimulation of protective forces of organism;
- activate blood circulation;
- to improve the functioning of the nervous system;
- restore potency;
- reduce the pain.
Directly affect BPH, eliminating the clinical symptoms of the disease and inhibiting its further development. Find out the most effective procedure.
- Cryotherapy is the local freezing of tumors using liquid nitrogen. Low temperatures destroy abnormal cells, while surrounding healthy tissue is not affected.
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy is a heating of the prostate through a special generator, which is inserted into the urethra: waves of high intensity to cause necrosis of tumor cells, thereby reducing the size of the prostate.
- Thermo ablation — the destruction of adenomatous tissue with high temperatures (70°C and above).
- Transurethral needle ablation stops the growth and reduces the volume of the prostate due to exposure to radiofrequency pulses.
Also contribute to the accelerated healing mud applications, baths, special exercises etc.
Methods of alternative medicine
In parallel with the main treatment, many doctors recommend their patients to use folk remedies and alternative techniques as adjuvant therapy.
To reduce the severity of symptoms will help the following recipes.
The broth from the shell of chestnut. For cooking in the evening 3 tbsp. chopped peel pour 600 ml of boiling water. In the morning, the infusion must be filtered, and then evaporated on a water bath until its volume is reduced exactly one-third (200 ml). Take 30 drops (about 1 tbsp) 2-3 times a day before meal. The course is 2 months.
Rectal suppositories made from honey. Take 1 teaspoon of this medicinal substance, 1 egg and 3 tbsp rye flour, all components mix thoroughly and form candles. Store them in the freezer. Use 2 times a day (morning and bedtime) over the course of the month. Then make a two-week break and repeat the course.
Pumpkin seeds. Rich in iron and zinc, which are necessary for prostate health. In the morning before Breakfast, eat about 30 pieces or cook a delicious treat: mash one pound of seed and mix it with a Cup of honey. The resulting mass roll into small balls and place in the fridge for a few hours. Eat 2-3 pieces before eating.
Apitherapy (treatment with bee stings)
Bee venom contains many useful substances, in particular inorganic acid, histamine and peptides, beneficial effect on blood vessels. Due to biological and reflex effects on the body apitherapy:
- improves urination;
- relieves inflammation;
- reduces pain.
Hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches)
The bites of these little "vampires" significantly accelerate the healing process in many patients. In the saliva of leeches discovered unique enzymes that have a number of positive properties, namely:
- reduce blood clotting and normalize its circulation;
- eliminate congestion;
- anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect;
- restore the functioning of the prostate gland.
Diet for prostate adenoma
No wonder drugs or the latest hardware methods will not have success if neglected certain rules of supply. To implement them easily, and the benefits enormous.
- Avoid fatty, salty and spicy food, alcoholic beverages
- Limit consumption of coffee, strong tea, sweets
- Try to cook all meals for a couple, simmer or bake in foil
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits
- Include in your diet high-quality protein (found in lean meat, fish, chicken, legumes, dairy products), soups, cereals
The treatment of enlarged prostate without surgery — a difficult and lengthy process, but with an integrated approach, the chances of recovery are very high. Be healthy!