Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is widely distributed in men older than 35 years. Previously, the disease bothered the representatives of the stronger sex, whose age was older than 45 years.
Adenoma of the prostate, "younger", this is due to lifestyle and promiscuous sexual relationships. To the urologist come not all, but everyone wants to get rid of the problem. It's time to figure out what medicines to treat prostatitis and BPH give the real result.
Selection of medicines: features of therapy
From BPH cannot be removed without complex treatment. Only after examination and study of the tests the doctor prescribes medicines, given the degree of neglect. Often prescribers of the following type:
- inhibitors – to decrease size of the prostate. The drug slows the growth or completely stop it;
- alpha blockers – they are used to relax the muscles of the prostate gland;
- herbal medicine, plant extracts. Reduces inflammation, normalizes the urinary system. Are assigned only in conjunction with the above medications.
The list of medicines is large. This files most often assigned to combination therapy which allows you to avoid surgery. Picking up the medicine specialist should be tailored to the patient's health. Some medicines from prostatitis and BPH have a number of side effects:
- Low blood pressure – therefore, in hypertensive patients, the prostatic hyperplasia is treated under close surveillance.
- Influence on cardiac system – some drugs dangerous in the elderly.
- Headaches, nausea and dizziness.
- Allergic reactions.
- Low potency – this item is immediately voiced by the attending physician that the man did not develop complexes.
The particular therapy requires the aggravation of prostatitis, symptoms of which are easy to recognize. But in any case, all medicines should be prescribed by doctors, can also be treated under supervision.
Inhibitors for the treatment of BPH
Effective cure of prostatitis and adenoma should stop the growth of tumor formation. Inhibitors are needed in order to conduct drug therapy. Part medications include 5-alpha-reductase which converts testosterone to another hormone. From adenomas, it is impossible to get rid of, if you do not slow down the growth of the glands.
Patients who used the inhibitors for a long time, notice the following positive results:
- adenoma ceases to increase in volume and becomes even less;
- normalizes the flow of urine;
- inflammation of the prostate are eliminated.
Better to apply the medicines 4-6 months, only then can we see a positive trend. Congestive prostatitis men pass in a shorter period of time. The drug is present in the appointment, if the tumor size greater than 40 ml.
Tablets are assigned strictly according to the recipe. After a month of inhibitors the patient comes for a visit. Thus, the dynamics can be seen and it appears, or no, side effects that may occur during reception:
- erection quality is reduced;
- ejaculation is being violated.
- swelling and soreness of the breast;
- 2-3 times, decreases the amount of fluid during ejaculation.
Practice shows that after a year of active therapy, the adverse symptoms disappear. In any case, drug therapy is performed under medical supervision. And medications for prostatitis and adenoma in men are tailored to suit the age and health of the patient.
Alpha blockers BPH
To identify the signs of prostatitis in men and its treatment – the task of the urologist. BPH causes a number of unpleasant sensations, among which the morbid flow of urine. Alpha-blockers are prescribed to relieve tension in muscle tissues. A particularly good tumor of the prostate treated with this drug at the initial stage or in the elderly where the disease is chronic.Therapy lasts for several months. With all the recommendations noticeable the following positive changes:
- occurs relief of symptoms of the disease;
- the volume of the gland is reduced;
- the patient becomes easier to output the urine, the jet strength increases significantly;
- inflammation of the bladder decreases as the recycled liquid is completely removed.
These effective drugs from prostatitis and BPH without work tolerated by patients. Even with long-term therapy adverse effects low. But sometimes drugs may experience the following ailments:
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure;
- muscle weakness;
- dizziness and constant pain in the temples.
With long-term complex therapy side effects are. The practice of urology worldwide shows that alpha-blockers cause the least harm to the body.
The prostate gland cannot be treated lightly. Only a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment will help to avoid surgical interventions.
Prostatic hyperplasia treatment herbal medicine
Drugs in the pharmacy are in the range. To sort out this diversity, it is impossible. Some patients are fans of phyto-medicines that are created based on plant extracts. Help herbs from prostatitis? The most effective will be discussed below. Synthetic drugs have several side effects. Because of this medical refuse many patients. The prostate gland and can be cured by using special drugs that are made only from herbs and flowers. With prolonged use they give the following positive results:
- the removal of the inflammation of the urethral channel;
- stabilization of the process of urination;
- elimination of pain in the crotch area.
The benefit of herbal medicines is obvious. Doctors prescribe these medications in combination with synthetic drugs. Unfortunately, this therapy was used in ancient times, of course, used decoctions and syrups. After taking can abate pain and improve the flow of urine, but the tumor will not disappear. In pure form they are used for prevention of prostatitis.
Essential oils: their effectiveness
From pills to wait for the result for several months, but it is a better alternative than surgical intervention. But some men prefer home treatment, choosing traditional methods. For the reception of certain selected essential oils:
- fir – stops the pain and kills bacteria;
- sea buckthorn reduces inflammation;
- cocoa butter – reduces pain syndrome.
These substances are not administered orally, but injected into the rectum at night. In some pharmacies you can order rectal suppositories with the addition of these oils. If after the injection there is burning or itching, then you should abandon such therapy.Urologists believe that live only relieve a number of symptoms that cause discomfort in daily life. Another therapy can be used for prevention, but also for getting rid of serious tumors, this method is not suitable. Unfortunately, men believe the opposite, therefore, the disease is far advanced and, eventually need surgery.
Many doctors in addition to medical therapy to do exercises for the treatment of prostatitis. Exercises Kegel – this is a package that allows you to normalize the muscle tissue. To understand how to do it, you just have to go to the bathroom. During urination, the need to hold jet. Tensing and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis, the man makes a useful exercise. With long-term employment will be a noticeable result. Still useful to walk, as it is a sedentary lifestyle provokes the formation of tumors in the intimate area of men, not counting the infection and genetic predisposition.BPH is a disease that requires immediate treatment to the urologist. Running form is the indication for surgical intervention. Tablets and candles will definitely help, if the time to make an appointment to see the urologist.