The disruption of the male reproductive system is diagnosed very often. Almost half of the cases of infertility couples, the culprit is male. The exact answer will give only a comprehensive survey, based on the analysis of infertility in men. Training, tests, diagnosis and treatment is complex and laborious. Only by having a full clinical picture, the doctor can prescribe the correct and optimal treatment, which will lead to the desired result.
Types of diagnostics
Qualitative diagnosis consists of a variety of tests. In the first stage the patient is waiting for delivery of analyses, we investigated the results obtained. The other is connected only if infertility is not precisely diagnosed, then the patient is prescribed a comprehensive study.
In the first stage, men should take:
- General semen analysis, which will show the number and motility of sperm cells. Before you take fertility tests for men needs a few days to avoid sexual intercourse, to abstain from alcohol.
- Studies for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, are also with blood.
- The urine tests.
- The study of hormones in the blood. What hormones are involved in reproductive functions? This prolactin, testosterone, LH and FSH. These tests pass in the morning, on an empty stomach definitely.
- LHC semen culture. The test is assigned only when semen contains leukocytes or bacteria. The result can exclude or confirm an inflammatory process in the field of vesicular complex subject.
- Cytological studies of prostate secretion.
Testing of sperm by Krieger provides an opportunity to assess the morphological state of the sperm.
PCR detection of urogenital infections. This study is taken in the form of a smear.
Is one of the most important in the diagnosis, since the presence of such infections significantly affects the quality of sperm and also reduces the possibility of conception. And if conception occurred, it can cause pregnancy complications and even lead to miscarriage or death of the fetus.
Electron microscopic study of sperm. Allow us to investigate the sperm more details, revealing violations of their structure. The test is performed under a microscope with a very strong increase.
In addition to the above studies, may be required advice of some doctors of narrow specialization: urologist-andrologist, genetics. In addition, you can assign ultrasound of the pelvic organs, a biopsy of the testes, genetic DNA testing or immunoassay.
The quality of the sperm
The study of sperm is the most important diagnostic test. Minimum standards identified by the world health organization, consists of eight parameters:
- Volume: 2 ml.
- pH: not less than 7.2.
- The concentration of spermatozoa in 1 ml of ejaculate at least 20 million.
- The total sperm count: at least 40 million in the entire ejaculate.
- Stable morphology at least 30%.
- Sperm vitality: at least 75%.
- Leukocytes: less than 1 million per 1 ml.
- Motility: more than 50%.
Naturally, analyzing the results, the doctor takes into account individual sensitivity to threshold norms for each patient.
How much should you take of sperm
To get a more accurate result, you must pass at least two tests.
Each time a man must abide by abstinence for at least two days.
Both times, the period of abstinence should be the same in order to equalize conditions. If the results are significantly different from each other, designate additional sperm for study.
Great importance is passing the tests within one life span of sperm: the period of approximately two to three months. Is there enough examination of the ejaculate to the doctor prescribed treatment? Unfortunately, neither conservative nor surgical methods of treatment cannot be based only on indicators of semen. A careful medical history and conduct a comprehensive physical study, to accurately diagnose and then to treat infertility.
Complex diagnostics includes research of specific substances – hormones. Their correct or incorrect production directly affects the reproductive system. Blood for hormones seem to be in the morning on an empty stomach. Regardless of who has already passed the tests, you need to learn:
- Luteinizing hormone that increases testosterone in the blood.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone, stimulating the growth of the seminiferous tubules.
- Testosterone, the principal male hormone, directly affects the quality of sperm.
- Prolactin, which regulates sexual function.
If the doctor sees the need, then additionally exploring the thyroid hormones.
How much is it
Tests male infertility is possible in any laboratory in medical centers. Prices can vary greatly, it depends on various factors including level of medical institution. Overall, the prices are quite reasonable.
Effective test for infertility may be accompanied by advice from the experts, also paid. The services of a urologist at a private clinic and the therapist are inexpensive.
Often clinics offer the first record and free advice. Decoding tests for male infertility should be treated only by an experienced doctor. The diagnosis is depending on private as well as aggregate level analysis. What treatment will be prescribed, the duration will depend on the results of these studies.
Many believe that to get rid of infertility difficult, only a small percent of males are able to restore the function of fertilization. This is a completely wrong idea. Modern methods and products give excellent results.