One of the most common diseases in men is chronic prostatitis. This diagnosis means inflammation of the prostate, which has a lasting character. In most cases, the pathology is characterized by the absence of pronounced painful symptoms. The signs of prostatitis appear only in the moments of its exacerbation. To identify the disease, it is necessary to have a complete examination at the outpatient clinic. After that, the doctor offers an individualized treatment that helps to keep the disease in remission.
Causes and risk factors
Prolonged depressive states are one of the factors in the onset of the disease.
What is chronic prostatitis? Many men who are not fortunate enough to face this diagnosis know it firsthand. Several factors lead to its development, which negatively affect the work of the prostate and other internal organs
Chronic prostatitis is caused by the following causes:
- Sexually transmitted infections. We are talking about the herpes virus, fungal diseases, gonococci, Trichomonas and other similar pathologies that hinder the functioning of the genitourinary system.
- Leading a sedentary life.
- Prolonged sexual withdrawal and frequent intercourse interruptions.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Reduce blood circulation in Organs pelvic organs.
- Long-term experience in stressful situations and depression.
- Weakened immunity.
The more negative factors affect a man's body, the greater the chances of knowing from experience how unpleasant chronic prostatitis is. In addition, in the course of its development, negative consequences may arise, which will lead to an even greater deterioration in the patient's health.
It is in the interest of all men to avoid taking risks. This requires prophylaxis of prostatitis and timely treatment of inflammatory and other pathologies.
Doctors claim that we can cure any of the existing types of chronic prostate inflammation. There is a whole classification of this disease. Based on this, prostatitis occurs:
- Chronic bacteria.It is accompanied by symptoms characteristic of a disease such as prostatitis. The pathology is determined by the increase in the content of pathogenic microorganisms in the urine and by the secretion of the prostate.
- Chronic bacterial (CABP).This type of prostatitis is a consequence of advanced bacterial inflammation in the prostate. A man with this diagnosis can be bothered by pain when urinating or ejaculating and all sorts of discomfort.
- Chronic congestive.It is also called congestive prostatitis. The slow circulation of biological fluids in the pelvic region leads to the development of pathologies.
- Asymptomatic inflammatory.The symptoms of this type of chronic prostatitis in men are completely absent. The person is sick and doesn't even know it. As a rule, this pathology is discovered almost by accident during routine diagnoses.
The chronic abacterial type of the disease is most often found in men. Prostatitis of another type is significantly inferior to it in percentage terms.
The pathology is accompanied by increased sweating and chills.
Chronic bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis has symptoms that do not allow a person to immediately understand what is wrong with them.
The first thing the nervous system starts to suffer. This makes the patient more irritable and apathetic. He complains of constant fatigue and poor sleep.
It is necessary to pay attention even to small changes for the worse in well-being, as they may indicate the development of a disease, such as chronic or non-infectious bacterial prostatitis.
Periodic chronic prostatitis, which requires immediate treatment, may be accompanied by the following painful symptoms:
- mild pain that can radiate to the groin, perineum and anus;
- frequent need to go to the bathroom, even if the man drinks a small amount of liquid;
- discomfort in the head of the penis and scrotum;
- painful urination at the beginning and end of the physiological process;
- sweating and shaking;
- a small amount of secretion from the penis.
The greatest influence of chronic bacterial prostatitis, as well as non-infectious prostatitis, has on sexual function. Due to the progression of the pathological process, the man's erection worsens, premature or delayed ejaculation occurs and great discomfort appears during intimacy.
It is difficult for a patient to independently understand what exactly prostatitis in men leads to the appearance of this symptom. To be sure of this, you first need to contact a competent specialist and undergo a thorough examination in your direction.
Chronic prostatitis usually leads to serious complications that are felt quickly. Because of this, men are increasingly questioning whether the disease can be fully cured or not, in order to prevent this development of events.
Chronic prostatitis is characterized by a wavy course. While remission is in progress, the disease does not develop, which means that the patient is not threatened with negative consequences. You need to start worrying about this in the event of an exacerbation of the pathology.
If a person is not trying to find out how chronic prostatitis can be cured, he must prepare himself for the appearance of serious complications. The inflammatory process in the prostate will certainly lead to infection of other organs of the genitourinary system. As a result, the person begins to suffer from cystitis or pyelonephritis. Inflammation of the testicles and their appendages is not excluded. In the absence of adequate therapy, these conditions lead to infertility.
PCR analysis will eliminate sexually transmitted infections.
In order to understand whether or not it is possible to cure the chronic type of prostatitis forever, it is first of all necessary to diagnose the patient. Its results allow the urologist to assess the patient's current condition and choose the most appropriate course of therapy for him.
The initial examination of a patient with suspected chronic or non-infectious bacterial prostatitis consists of a history of the disease and an external examination of a man's intimate organs. During the diagnosis, the doctor looks for the presence of painful skin rashes, discharge and other unhealthy manifestations. In addition, the level of pain in the prostate is determined.
The diagnosis of chronic prostatitis consists of the following research activities:
- Ultrasound (TRUS).The ultrasound examination allows a specialist to assess pathological changes in terms of structural and functional data of the organ;
- Analysis of urine and secretions.The laboratory diagnosis detects the presence of pathogens in biological fluids that can cause prostatitis; PCR analysis
- .The research method is intended to identify pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases in a man's body;
- Spermogram.The diagnosis is designed to study the quality of semen;
- Urodynamic studies.They reveal the degree of the urination disorder and its causes;
- Analysis of PSA.It is used to exclude the development of a cancerous tumor or benign hyperplasia in a patient.
Differential diagnosis is mandatory. It allows distinguishing chronic prostatitis from other pathological conditions that have similar symptoms and signs. But they need a completely different treatment.
In the differential diagnosis process, it is possible to distinguish prostatitis from diseases such as bladder stenosis, impairment of the detrusor-sphincter system, bladder dysfunction, regional painful syndrome, prostate adenoma, cystitis and rectal pathologies.
For each patient, a treatment regimen is selected individually, which allows you to get rid of chronic prostatitis.
Therapy for a chronic illness takes a long time. To achieve remission, the patient must take the medication in a timely manner and perform the physiotherapy procedures prescribed by the urologist.
Men who are also interested in their partner's pregnancy need to take the treatment of a disease such as chronic prostatitis with particular seriousness. Without proper therapy, they can be deprived of the opportunity to have their own children.
To deal with the symptoms of prostatitis, it is necessary to follow a course of medication. The doctor selects a wide range of drugs against the symptoms of discomfort that appear. As a rule, a few days after the beginning of the medication ingestion, the manifestations of the pathology decrease significantly. In the future, painful symptoms will not appear as often if the patient does not violate the therapeutic regimen.
Antibacterial drugs are often at the center of the treatment offered to men with prostatitis.
Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis in men necessarily includes the use of antibiotics. Without it, it will not be possible to suppress the activity and spread of the painful microflora. The attending physician is responsible for selecting a potent medicine. The choice of medication depends directly on the results of the tests, which show the type of infectious agent.
Fluoroquinolones are prescribed for prostatitis. They deal effectively with entire colonies of pathogens. The drugs in this group are highly sought after in patients with a chronic course of the disease. They are not attributed only if the pathology was caused by tuberculosis pathogens.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
These drugs are considered safer for humans than antibiotics. They help to cope with severe pain syndrome, reduce body temperature and solve the problem of general discomfort.
Despite the relative safety of drugs that belong to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it is forbidden to take them without the doctor's authorization. Otherwise, the patient will expect unpleasant consequences that complicate the course of chronic prostatitis.
These drugs are only prescribed by the attending physician.
Patients are encouraged to take alpha blockers, as it is very difficult to treat chronic prostatitis without them. The drugs in this group occupy an important place in the therapeutic regimen. With their help, patients are able to deal with the painful symptoms of the pathology, which negatively affect a person's mental state.
Taking alpha blockers often causes side effects such as drowsiness and general weakness in the body. This is a normal reaction that the patient should be aware of.
A person will not be able to choose for themselves the right drug that belongs to this group of drugs, so it is highly recommended to entrust this task to a competent specialist.
Antidepressants and vitamins
As additional drugs for prostatitis, which help to improve the patient's condition and prevent complications, vitamin complexes and antidepressants are used. Many men have left positive comments about them as they have helped them to cure inflammation of the prostate.
Many urologists practice prescribing vitamin injections with B5-B12 solutions for men with this diagnosis. This treatment is only allowed if the patient has no contraindications to the drugs. They are seen as auxiliary therapy, which allows to saturate the patient's body with missing useful substances. But a powerful effect is not to be expected from them.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis involves the use of suppositories. They contain several components that are able to fight inflammatory processes in the prostate. They may contain antibiotics or non-hormonal components that relieve the human condition.
Suppository therapy at the pharmacy should be combined with medication, as it is the drug treatment that gives the best result. Other drugs are used to complement the treatment of chronic prostatitis.
Not only pharmaceutical medicine helps to fight chronic prostatitis. Both medical pills and folk remedies can reduce the severity of painful symptoms.
Traditional medicine should be used by the patient not only in the treatment of prostatitis, but also during remission. Thanks to them, the likelihood of recurrence of the inflammatory process is minimized. They also increase the chances of a man that his wife will be able to conceive him.
Folk remedies can only be used in complex treatments. It is forbidden to use them in case of worsening of the inflammation of the prostate, in the presence of tumors and infectious lesions of the body. Contraindications also include individual intolerance to the components present in the home medicine.
There are a large number of proven alternative medicine prescriptions, with the help of which it is possible to face the disease and prevent its recurrence. The best of them are as follows:
- Pumpkin seeds.They are useful for all men, as they contain components that assist in the proper functioning of the male genitourinary system. This product is recommended not only for prostatitis, but also for impotence. To increase your chances of recovery, you need to eat 30 g of seeds a day. They must first be removed. If a man does not want to eat the product in its pure form, he can add it to various dishes, for example, fresh salads.
- Pear compote.The most useful drink is prepared without added sugar.
- Baths with sea salt and herbs.The water reception procedure is recommended 3 times a week for 15 minutes. To saturate the water with useful substances, it is necessary to add sea salt and a decoction based on medicinal plants. In preparation, it is customary to use chamomile, needles, marigold and sage. The herb needs to be fermented in boiling water, insist a little and strain. That way, the broth is poured into the bath. Before entering the water, make sure that the temperature is not too high. In prostatitis, it is forbidden to overheat the genitals.
- Juice and parsley seeds.A useful product can be used alone or added to several dishes. As part of parsley, it contains a lot of valuable substances, in which the body is weakened due to prostatitis needs.
- Suppositories with propolis.Another popular home remedy. To obtain healing candles, you need to mix cocoa butter with propolis. From this mass small suppositories must be formed, which must be kept in the refrigerator. They are used in 1 piece. before bedtime. The candle must be inserted into the anus.
The man must understand that folk remedies are not able to completely cure him of the inflammation of the prostate. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to use them separately from drug treatment. Home remedies should be taken as a complement to the main course. They are also useful if the patient is interested in preventing the exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
Prostate massage is categorically contraindicated in the case of an exacerbated form of the disease.
Medical therapy aimed at eliminating chronic prostatitis is complemented by prostate massage. This physiotherapy procedure improves drainage of secretions and microcirculation in the pelvis. Thus, tissue regeneration is enhanced, which leads to a quick recovery of the patient.
Prostate massage should be performed by a specialist trained in your technique. In some cases, the use of massagers is permitted. They can only be used after knowing the peculiarities of the procedure.
Prostate massage is prohibited for men with hemorrhoids, cracks in the anus or exacerbation of prostatitis.
In combination with medication, prostate massage gives good results.
Physiotherapy procedures are used as an auxiliary treatment method. They increase the trophism of prostate tissues and activate their regenerative properties. For this disease, doctors can recommend the following methods:
- laser therapy; electrophoresis
- ; ultrasonic phonophoresis
- ; microwave transrectal hyperthermia.
In addition, the patient can use hot baths, enemas and mud wraps to enhance the treatment.
If drug therapy does not allow coping with the chronic course of prostatitis, which is often exacerbated, the doctor will insist on surgical intervention.
Surgery for this disease is rare. They are prescribed as a last resort, when other treatment methods do not help man. For chronic prostatitis, the following types of surgery are performed:
- Prostatectomy.This implies the complete removal of the inflamed prostate.
- Resection.It is used when it is necessary to remove only a part of the internal organ most affected by the disease.
- Circumcision.Circular cut of the foreskin, which allows the chronic form of prostatitis to be cured and prevent its future progression.
- Abscess drainage. During the procedure, all the purulent content of the organ is released, which prevents it from getting rid of the inflammation.
The doctor himself decides which method of surgical therapy is most suitable for a specific patient.
Eating a lot of fruit is recommended for diseases.
Men with chronic prostatitis need to follow a diet. The selection of a special diet allows to minimize the probability of recurrence of the inflammatory disease.
A man with prostatitis should refuse to consume even small amounts of drinks and food containing ethyl alcohol. Alcohol has a detrimental effect on the prostate ducts, which aggravates the symptoms of the disease.
The patient should limit himself to eating fatty foods, as they can lead to the formation of cholesterol plaques that hinder blood circulation. Spicy and savory dishes, offal and mushrooms are prohibited. Beans, soft drinks and baked goods should also be avoided.
When compiling a menu for a patient with chronic prostatitis, it is necessary to include zinc-fortified foods. It is abundant in pumpkin seeds and seafood. The basis of the diet must necessarily be fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products. The only exceptions are those that can increase gas production in the intestine.
Chronic prostatitis can be cured
Questions about whether chronic prostatitis can be completely treated worries every man who comes across this diagnosis. The prognosis for recovery depends directly on the timing of the therapy and its suitability.
It is almost impossible to get rid of the disease completely. Patients can only achieve a stable remission, which will be observed for many years.
Patients should be interested in preventing the exacerbation of chronic prostatitis. To avoid it, it is necessary to follow the correct diet, to treat the body's inflammatory processes in a timely manner, to have a regular sex life and not to forget sports.
It is very important to visit your urologist regularly for routine diagnoses of your current state of health. Regular checkups allow you to determine the pathology in a timely manner and begin treating it.