The question of how to treat prostatitis is asked by men in adulthood. It is not always possible to completely cure the disease, but modern urology is able to eliminate the first signs of inflammation of the prostate. The key to success is qualified therapy, the patient's compliance with all medical prescriptions. Treatment of prostatitis will only be effective if all drug methods are used in general. Therefore, it is important to know how the inflammatory process starts and how to treat it more effectively.
Signs of a male disease
Inflammation in the gland is caused by pathogenic microorganisms that penetrate the blood from the bladder and urethra to the prostate. But pathogenic microorganisms alone do not always contribute to the development of the disease. For the disease to begin, favorable factors are needed. Under certain conditions, the infection threatens the stagnation of secretions in the prostate, impairs blood circulation in Organs urogenital organs of men. These reasons contribute to the onset of inflammation of the prostate.
The inflammatory process manifests itself quickly, with characteristic symptoms:
- Pain complaints in the perineum and groin area.
- The patient feels pain at the start of urination.
- The temperature has increased - up to 39 degrees.
- Feverish state, fever.
Unfortunately, the disease usually proceeds without visible signs and gradually progresses to a chronic stage.
Chronic prostatitis is indicated by typical symptoms:
- There are rare pains, discomfort in the perineum.
- Unpleasant sensations during the flow of urine.
- The characteristic discharge from the urethra is occasionally possible.
- Slightly high temperature - up to 37 degrees.
A small proportion of men develop prostatitis after suffering sexually transmitted infections. If the disease is not treated in a timely manner, the erection is impaired in men. This is explained by the fact that pathogenic microorganisms in the prostate destroy nerve cells in the male organ.
Therefore, chronic prostatitis worsens the general mood of the man: irritability and discontent appear.
What medications to choose for treatment?
Before starting the treatment of the male organ, the patient needs to do some clinical exams: bacteriological culture of urine, studies of secretions from the urethra and prostate, to determine the sensitivity of the flora to certain medications. It is necessary to treat prostatitis comprehensively. Medicines, antibacterial drugs, alpha blockers and rectal suppositories are recommended first.
Antibacterial agents are essential in prostate therapy.
Several antibiotics have proven to be effective drugs to eliminate the symptoms of male disease:
- Macrolides. Their advantage is that they do not have a detrimental effect on the intestinal microflora, they quickly penetrate the prostate.
- Tetracyclines are effective against diseases caused by mycoplasmas and chlamydia.
- Fluoroquinolones. They have a broad effect.
- Cephalosporins. They are administered parenterally, with a broad spectrum of action.
As a rule, treatment of prostatitis with antibacterial drugs takes ten to twelve days.
The second group of drugs for effective prostate therapy are alpha blockers. The drugs restore the gland's altered muscle tone and improve the urination process.
Treatment with alpha blockers is long term, up to two months.
Traditionally, it is recommended to treat inflammation with rectal suppositories. Suppositories have a great therapeutic effect, as they allow medicinal substances to quickly penetrate the affected area.
The greatest therapeutic result is shown by candles containing propolis. They reduce pain, normalize blood circulation in Organs genitourinary organs. Suppositories have no contraindications and side effects.
The benefits of massage and physiotherapy
Urologists recommend treating prostatitis with massage and physiotherapy. What is the essence and benefits of each method?
The prostate massage is performed with a finger, which is inserted into the anus. What are the benefits of massage?
- The prostate is released from pathogenic microorganisms and products of their activity.
- Blood circulation in Organs genitourinary organs is restored.
- The power is normalized.
The glandular massage lasts a minute and a half. The evidence of a qualified massage is the absence of pain during the procedure.
But this procedure has some contraindications:
- it is not advisable to massage in the acute form of the disease;
- in the presence of fissures, sores in the anus;
- if hemorrhoids are diagnosed, especially exacerbation;
- in the context of acute infectious diseases.
Physical therapy treatment aims to increase the effectiveness of drug therapy.
The following types of physiotherapy are the most commonly used:
- Galvanization - the use of direct current with low intensity and low voltage.
- Electrostimulation - uses an electrical current in pulses that contributes to the contraction of the muscles of Organs pelvic organs.
- Magnetotherapy - application of alternating and low frequency constant magnetic fields.
- Drug electrophoresis is characterized by the parallel effect of drugs and direct current with low intensity.
In addition to the types listed, physiotherapy exercises and microclysters with medications effectively help in the treatment of the gland.
This effect on the male organ has a positive result:
- Improves blood circulation in Organs urogenital organs, thereby reducing congestion in Organs pelvic organs.
- Damaged cells regenerate faster.
- The flow of lymph from the affected tissues increases, toxins are removed.
Physiotherapy has practically no contraindications.
Traditional medicine tips
Herbal medicines offer a variety of methods that enable the effective treatment of prostatitis. As a rule, traditional healers recommend medicinal plants with a diuretic effect. What are the most effective recipes?
Pumpkin seed recipe
For a long time, men who are concerned about prostatitis have received recommendations for pumpkin seeds. After all, they have a high zinc content, so necessary for man's health. It is generally accepted that the daily dose of zinc is thirty pumpkin seeds. This amount should be consumed throughout the day.
You can make medicinal balls from seeds and honey. To do this, you need to grind five hundred grams of raw peeled seeds and then add two hundred grams of natural honey to them. Roll small balls of the resulting mixture. It is necessary to ingest medicine balls once or twice a day, thirty minutes before meals.
Propolis is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory drugs. Prostatitis passes quickly if you use propolis in combination with medications. An alcoholic extract is prepared from the bee product. It is necessary to mix forty grams of propolis and two hundred milliliters of alcohol. Evaporate the mixture a little, then mix a small part of the propolis extract with two grams of cocoa. Form a candle, use it as usual suppositories: injected into the rectum before bedtime.
Chamomile and juices for prevention
Everyone knows the medicinal properties of chamomile - anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, analgesic. Useful for men's health is a decoction of chamomile, which is drunk before eating - in thirty minutes.
Juices made from asparagus mixed with carrots, beets and cucumbers are great benefits. The preparation of medicinal juice is simple: take all vegetable juices in equal portions. Drink two to three times a day.
This treatment - both medication and physical therapy - will help keep men healthy for many years to come.