Phimosis is a serious pathology which is characterized by disruption of normal physiological structure of the penis men.
Phimosis in men is a pathological condition in which it is not possible to fully expose the head of the penis. The disease usually is very painful.
This pathology, necessarily requires treatment. Otherwise you increase the probability of development of inflammatory process in the preputial SAC and delay in this urine. Phimosis in men adds a lot of problems in casual and even intimate life. The inability to fully expose the head of the penis leads to loss of sexual desire, erectile dysfunction and development of different kinds of infections.
What happens if not treated phimosis?
This pathology can cause a lot of negative consequences. First and foremost, patients begin to develop inflammation under the foreskin, provoked by the stagnation of secretions. In addition, because of inadequate excretion of urine and its back contact with urine-output channel is the infection of the urethra.
The most dangerous complication of this condition is called paraphimosis. It is a sharp infringement head on. This pathology usually occurs due to repeated attempts to expose the head in the course of sexual intercourse. While the foreskin cutting off circulation of the penis, which leads to swelling. Independent attempts to return it to its normal condition, usually fail. In this kind of situation without emergency intervention is necessary.
Why develop phimosis in men?
The cause of this pathological state of a variety. These include the following:
- Genetic predisposition. In the male there is a lack of the elastic component of connective tissue.
- Mechanical damage of the penis.
- Inflammation (balanoposthitis, syphilis).
Despite the fact that the causes of phimosis are very banal and timely resolve them could avoid developing the disease, experts still have to diagnose. The fact is that men do not differ in the tendency to closely monitor health, as necessary to consult with doctors.
- Difficulties in carrying out hygienic procedures. Is the inability to completely push back the prepuce, which leads to a gradual accumulation of smegma. It is known, is the perfect environment for the life of pathogenic bacteria.
- Swelling of the penis, violation of the usual circulation, sore to the touch.
- Phimosis in men may manifest problems with urination.
Classification of the disease
Depending on the degree of opening of the head there are the following stages of the disease:
- The first stage is characterized by some difficulties in the liberation of the glans penis during erection in calm state, such problems are not observed.
- The second stage - the inability to open the head in an excited state even under stress.
- The third stage. Every time you try to pull the foreskin are bleeding and severe pain.
- The fourth stage is characterized by painful urination, as the head of the penis is fully covered by a skin.
Also there are several subtypes of this disease:
- Physiological. Occurs in children up to three years. In fact, the disease has in mind a final development of the foreskin. After some time (5-6 years) head open. If this does not happen, you should consult with a specialist.
- Hypertrophic. In this case, there is thickening of the epithelium of the foreskin and its protrusion beyond the head.
- Atrophic. The foreskin is initially thins and then completely atrophied.
- Scar. On the edges of the foreskin scars are formed of different sizes.
First at the reception the doctor will gather a complete medical history, listens to complaints. In addition, the specialist may ask a number of clarifying questions (when there were problems with urination, preceded or symptoms of mechanical damage, etc.).
Diagnosis of this disease usually does not cause difficulties and is based on visual examination of the penis. The doctor also evaluates the degree of exposure of the head, presence of pus under the foreskin. In some cases additionally may need to consult a surgeon.
How to treat phimosis in men?
In most cases, eliminate this pathology is possible only through surgical intervention. However, there are conservative methods. One such treatment options is very gradual stretching of the flesh.
Consistent stretching is recommended prior to the onset of moderate pain and repeat several times a day for 10 minutes. In the process of direct expansion pass, you can gradually increase the amplitude of the translational movements to the full exposure of the head. For greater efficiency it is recommended before the procedure take a hot bath.
Phimosis in men is sometimes treatable with drug therapy. It implies the application of a head on ointments with corticosteroids. These drugs are aimed at improving the elasticity of the epithelium, reduction of inflammatory process and edema. They should be daily for two months to RUB the head on.
How else can you win phimosis in men? Treatment by surgery is the most effective option for getting rid of this kind of disease. The operation is usually meant by a formation of three zigzag incisions of the foreskin, with subsequent stitching. According to experts, this treatment is almost 100% of cases allows to achieve the desired results.
When cicatricial variant of the disease is recommended the excision of the foreskin in a circle, that is, circumcision.
The postoperative period
Despite the relatively high effectiveness of surgical treatment, many doctors say the individual patients, the emergence of various kinds of complications. Often appear minor bleeding caused by sloppy suturing, and / or inflammation in the outer part of the urethra.
How to prevent the development of such complications in patients with a diagnosis of "phimosis"? In men after surgery of these problems can be avoided if you adhere to all recommendations of the doctor. It is necessary to take baths with potassium permanganate, use special anti-bacterial creams. In some cases, may require additional surgery to correct defects of appearance of the foreskin and restore the proper contours of the urethra.
In this article, we talked about what constitutes pathology such as phimosis in males. Surgery is the most effective method of treatment. With the appearance of initial symptoms should not delay visit to the doctor in a drawer. Better at an early stage to cure this disease and not think about its consequences. Be healthy!