Urethritis is the inflammation process that can occur on the walls of the urethra. The disease is diagnosed quite often and can find any person, regardless of age and gender. Its causes are very different: from non-compliance with personal hygiene to lesions of the urethra of different pathogens. How to treat urethritis in men?
Characteristics of the disease in men
Men and women the disease has various manifestations that is associated with the peculiarities of their urogenital system. And if the female urethritis is virtually without symptoms, inflammation of the urethra in men is accompanied by various unpleasant sensations.
The reason for the activation of the inflammatory process, according to doctors are mainly sexual infections. The first manifestation of the disease is weakness of the body. Her man can feel a few hours after the ingestion of pathogenic microorganism. Exist and noninfectious causes of disease (trauma, allergic reaction, malnutrition or personal hygiene and t.. d), but they are rare.
It is important to start treatment of inflammation in the initial stage of its development, as urethritis can lead to development of pathologies of the urogenital system and reproductive disorders.
The main causes that cause development of urethritis in men physicians include:
- Diseases that can be transmitted through sexual intercourse without a condom (herpes, HPV, gonorrhea, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, chlamydia, etc.). Basically inflammation in the urethra is only a symptom of such infections.
- Violation of metabolic processes (especially in the pelvic area).
- The effects on the body various toxic substances.
- Stagnant processes that occur in the pelvic area. The appearance of stagnation of venous blood is preceded by constipation, hemorrhoids, practice of interrupted intercourse.
- Allergies which can be caused by food, personal hygiene or taking certain medications.
- A large number of acidic and salty food with lots of spices in the diet, which can irritate mucous membranes.
To provoke inflammation can the following factors:
- Physical or mental and emotional fatigue.
- Damage to the walls of the urethra as a result of mechanical impact (medical manipulations, etc.).
Classification of urethritis
According primacy to the development of inflammation, the disease is:
- Primary infection develops directly in the urethra.
- The secondary focus of infection become other organs. Together with bloodstream pathogens are able to penetrate into the urethra.
Urethritis and cystitis
These two diseases are very often accompany each other, so patients often confuse them, taking one thing for another. But, it turns out, they have significant differences.
First, it is the place where there is inflammation. If urethritis inflamed mucosa of the urethra, and in time cystitis, that are exposed to the bladder wall.
Differences of urethritis and cystitis and have symptoms of the disease. In cystitis, the urine has an unpleasant smell and becomes cloudy. In contrast, in men who have urethritis, there is General weakness of the body.
The first signs of urethritis in men can occur at different times: a few hours (in allergic disease), through 3-21 day (if caused by pathogens, depending on the type of pathogen) in a few months (viral urethritis) or even several years (tuberculosis hospital).
The characteristic manifestations of the disease are:
- Painful urination.
- Discharge from the urethra (the nature of which is associated with types of the pathogen).
- Burning sensation and itching of the penis.
If the pathology becomes chronic, the symptoms may disappear completely, except for a slight discomfort in the groin area.
If you see any signs of inflammation of the urethra, the man, it is important to take the full course of treatment. If you leave the hospital unattended, the disease can lead to serious consequences. This is reflected in the fact that the inflammatory process may spread to the testes, scrotum and prostate gland.
One of the complications of the disease — prostatitis
The main complications of urethritis in men include prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis. Prolonged lack of treatment often leads to malfunction of the reproductive system.
Noticing any symptoms of urethritis, men have to visit a doctor who will prescribe the necessary examination and will be able to make an accurate diagnosis. It is on the basis of diagnostic data is prescribed treatment of urethritis.
During examination, the urologist will palpate the urethra for its seals and soreness, check inguinal lymph nodes. In addition, it will examine the selection and to determine whether there is swelling.
For accurate diagnosis, the man will need to pass some examinations and tests:
- The swab is taken on the walls of the urethra.
- Analysis of urine and blood.
- Bacterial cultures for identification of antibiotic sensitivity.
- The study of the urethra.
- PCR (analysis enables to identify the specific pathogen, which is particularly important for treatment).
- Screening for syphilis and HIV.
Before you can assign specific medications for the treatment of urethritis in men, the doctor will pay attention to the patient that for the entire period of therapy is necessary to completely eliminate the sex. This applies not only to classic intercourse, but oral sex and even Masturbation. In the case that prior to the development of the disease caused infection that can be transmitted sexually, compulsory treatment shall be the partner of the man.
It is also important to follow a special diet. During this period, you should completely eliminate them from the diet of spicy seasonings, marinades, fatty, salty and spicy food. It is forbidden to drink alcohol. To speed up the process of recovery during treatment, you need to keep drinking regime. It should daily drink at least 2 liters of pure water without gas.
Treatment of urethritis is always based on the use of antibiotics to cure the disease impossible. The name of the drug and its dosage should be determined by the doctor based on test results. Each of the possible agents is their sensitivity to antibacterial preparations, so the common antibiotics for bladder infection to treat not suitable.
To reduce pain, men prescribed antiseptic preparations. It can be as drugs in form of tablets and local funds.
Candles and ointments
To speed up the healing process help the local drugs that are used in combination with antibacterial therapy. Rectal candles in their effectiveness compared with injections.
To restore protective forces of the body, the doctor will prescribe the patient immunomodulators. They are always included in the main course of treatment, as it decreased immunity is considered to be one of the main reasons for the development of the disease. They need to be taken in addition to anti-bacterial drugs to support the immune system.
During treatment of urethritis, male it is important to eliminate the deficit of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, the doctor may prescribe medicines (multivitamin preparations with a high content of vitamins A, C, D and e to Replenish the supply of vitamins in the body helps a balanced diet and enrichment the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables.
It is important to understand that to completely cure the disease folk remedies impossible. However, their use along with medication helps to prevent relapse and accelerate recovery. This can be used decoctions and infusions of herbs that you can prepare at home:
- The infusion made from the leaves of black currant. This tool has an antiseptic effect and helps enrich the body with vitamins. To cook 3 tablespoons of dried leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water and leave to cool. After this infusion is filtered and taken 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
- A decoction of oak bark. This tool eliminates the pain and burning sensation, which appear at the time of urination. For cooking 1 tablespoon of raw material is poured 250 ml of boiling water and kept in a water bath for about 20 minutes. After cooling, the decoction is filtered and accepted on 1 tablespoon before each meal. Use the decoction can also sitz baths.
- Infusion of cornflower. To prepare 1 teaspoon of dried flowers poured 250 ml of boiling water and infused for at least 1 hour. After that, the medium is filtered and taken thrice a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. Medicine helps to relieve inflammation and normalize the microflora.
Urethritis in children
Inflammation of the urethra can not only affect adults. Urethritis in children, not less common. Cause appearance can both communicable and non-communicable factors. To infectious considered a hit to the urethra of bacteria, viruses, gonococci, Trichomonas, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma. Among non-infectious factors is dominated by trauma (passing through the urethra stones or medical procedures), allergic reactions and congestive processes in the pelvic area. In addition to its appearance can cause a narrowing of the urethra.
Symptoms in children is always associated with sex. Boys are more characteristic burning sensation during urination, itching of the penis, discharge (white or with mucus) and the presence in the urine of the blood. In girls, the disease is manifested by frequent urination and abdominal pain.
Diagnosis using urine and secretions from the urethra. If the doctor suspects a chronic form of the disease, the child will be held urethroscopy.
The treatment is carried out depending on the form of the disease. In the case of acute phase of urethritis using antibiotics that are suitable for specific age groups. In the case of diagnosing chronic forms, in addition to the use of antibiotics, the patient is administered medications to maintain immunity and the introduction of drugs into the urethra.
After treatment, the child should be re-examined. Along with medication, the child needs a special diet (with the exception of smoked, spicy and salty) and drinking regime.
In the absence of treatment at the initial stage of the disease, urethritis, the child may go into a chronic form, when cured it becomes much more difficult.
Any disease, including urethritis, it is easier to avoid than to deal with its consequences. For this man, it is important to follow certain preventive rules:
- Strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene.
- Wear underwear made from natural material.
- Avoid using other people's things for individual use (towels, linen etc.). Thus, it is possible to get infected by various infections and fungi.
- To abandon promiscuity. To have a permanent partner. In case of contact with a casual partner, it is important to use barrier methods of contraception (condoms).
- Regularly (at least 2 times per year) the man has to undergo preventive examination by a urologist. This should be done even if its nothing worried, because many infections are capable of does not show itself, but nevertheless causes the body men irreparable harm.
- Timely treatment for any genital infections and diseases that caused by fungi. This is due to the fact that they are able to give complication in the urethra, causing the development of urethritis.
- To avoid hypothermia, especially the genital area.
- To protect genitals from possible injury.
- Avoid excessive physical and emotional fatigue.
- To provide yourself the proper nutrition with enough vitamins and minerals in foods.
- To observe the drinking regime and drink during the day at least 2 liters of pure water without gas.
- To get rid of bad habits or to reduce them to a minimum.
- To avoid delay of urination and at the first urge to completely empty your bladder.
- To harden the body and use vitamins for immune support.
Every year a large number of men faced with such a diagnosis, urethritis. To cause inflammation in the urethra may be a number of reasons. The most common are infections that can be transmitted sexually. In addition, release of allergic and traumatic urethritis not associated with getting into the urethra pathogens.
No matter what was the cause of the inflammatory process, the disease requires mandatory treatment, which can be assigned only by a physician after performing a comprehensive diagnosis and identify the causative agent. All medical advice should be strictly observed by the patient. This is due to the fact that urethritis difficult to treat and if a therapy course to the end, relapse, transfer of urethritis chronic or develop complications.